Newbridge House and Farm Re-Development
Initiation of Procedure Pursuant to Part XI
Proposed Refurbishment of Existing Buildings and Development of
New Works and all Associated Site Works at Newbridge House & Farm,
Newbridge Demense, Donabate, Co. Dublin.
See detailed site and design drawings below.
Fingal County Council’s Economic Development Department wishes to procure new visitor facilities at Newbridge Demense, Donabate, Co. Dublin to meet current and future demand from visitors to the House and Farm.
Newbridge Demense is an important part of Fingal’s cultural, archaeological, architectural and historic heritage: the Demesne is recorded in the Record of Monuments and Places: Ref DU012-060, and the House and Farm are Protected Structures.
The Council recognises that the Demense needs significant investment if it is to fulfil its potential as a community and visitor resource, and at the same time protect the importance of the heritage of this site.
The proposed works are designed to help realise that potential, and ensure - through increased revenue - the economically sustainable future of the House and Farm.
The Proposed Works include:
- The refurbishment of the ‘South Range’ building to accommodate Tea-rooms and a Retail/ticketing facility,
- The development of the existing ‘Red Barn’ building, to provide a performance/exhibition space,
- The provision of a new Pavilion type structure to accommodate the ‘Lord Chancellors State Carriage’,
- The relocation of the Hatchery to a ground floor location, and the
- The refurbishment of existing tearooms to provide a multi-function meeting room, and the provision of new toilets to serve the playground.
Works also include the upgrading of the drainage infrastructure to the entire Demense, and a strategic overview of energy use and the sustainable upgrading of energy provision for the Demense as a whole.These proposals form the second part of improvement works that commenced in 2012 with the granting of approval for new toilet facilities adjacent to the courtyard, and the resurfacing of the main courtyard.
Programme Dates for Delivery:
Pre-Part XI: - 9th April 2015 (LAC Meeting )
Display Period: - 29th April - 11th June 2015
Observation Period: - on, or before 25th June 2015
Part XI Approval: - 9th July 2015 (LAC Meeting ) & 13th July 2015 (Council Meeting)
OTT and Tender Evaluation: - 31st July 2015 to 25th September2015
On Site: - Start of October 2015
Completion and Re-Opening: - June 2016