Fingal Development Plan 2017-2023
Welcome to the Fingal Development Plan
The review of the Fingal Development Plan commenced on March 20th 2015.
Fingal County Council, in consultation with the community and other stakeholders, is making a new Development Plan that will shape the future growth of the County over the next 6 years. The review commenced on Friday the 20th of March 2015 and will take up to 2 years to complete, concluding with the publication of the Fingal Development Plan 2017-2023.
Ireland has a range of planning laws and guidelines on a a whole host of different topics including transportation, housing and the environment. Local Authorities are required to create a Development Plan, based on these laws and national and regional guidelines, that will guide the future growth and development of each county.
The Fingal Development Plan is adopted by the Councillors and will include a Written Statement and Maps that will set out the strategic spatial vision and future direction for the County over a six year period from 2017 to 2023. The current Fingal Development Plan 2011-2017 and the associated Variations are available to view.
Among the broader considerations for the Development Plan are:
- Making Fingal an attractive place to live, work and visit
- Making better use of key resources such as land, water, energy, waste and transportation infrastructure
- Creating a competitive business environment supporting economic development, job creation and prosperity for all
- Reducing Climate Change through settlement and travel patterns
- Protection of Green Infrastruture
- Improving on key social, cultural, economic and environmental indicators
- Promoting active and healthy lifestyles through increased opportunities for walking, cycling and active sport and recreation
The review presents an opportunity to shape the future growth of Fingal and to build on our previous successes and our strategic advantage as a County. It will aim to ensure that we maximise the strengths of our citizens, communities, built and natural heritage, infrastructure and tourism to their full potential.
This is why your input matters. This is your community and your County and the decisions made will impact on your future for years to come.
Be Part of It!
Telephone (01) 8905543
Email [email protected]