Water Connections

If you need a new water or drainage connection for your home or business, or if you want to change a supply to your ownership, you can download all the forms you need here.

If you need a new Water/Wastewater Connection:

Application forms can be downloaded at the end of this page.

Return fully completed application form to address below.  On receipt of a completed application form, connection charges  will be determined by our water and drainage engineers.  These costs including the water portion of the development levy (for post 2014 planning applications) will be sent as part of the application form and OSI map to Irish Water. 

Irish Water will then send the applicant a customer care pack and the amount of charges to be paid to them. 

Only surface water connection charges are payable to Fingal County Council or development levies in full if it is a pre 2014 planning application.

When the application is approved by Irish Water, they will provide Fingal Water Services with an Approval (Work Order) No.  This will be sent to the applicant by letter to contact the relevant depot when ready to make the connection(s).   

If you need a Road Opening Licence, this can only be obtained from the Operations Section of Fingal County Council when you have the Work Order No.  

The time frame of this complete process is dependent on various factors of the application.

Please send competed application forms to us at:
Fingal County Council
Water Services, 1st Floor
Grove Road
Dublin 15 


Downloadable Forms

Non Domestic Water & Wastewater Application Form

Domestic Water, Wasterwater & Surface Water Application Form

Standpipe Hydrant Permit Application Form 2013

Drinking Water Guidelines