Our Rent Account Management Section is responsible for the assessment and collection of the Weekly Charge (Rent) on all our housing stock, including Rental Accommodation Scheme and Long Term Lease homes.

‌Rent Assessment and Accounts

Under the Differential Rents Scheme your weekly charge (rent) is based on the assessable income of all members of the household.  It is your responsibility as a tenant to notify us of any change in circumstances; eg: changes in income, or people moving in or out of the household.

Contact details are listed at the end of this page.

How is the Weekly Charge Calculated?

The Weekly Charge is calculated based on the weekly assessable income of all members of the household. Our Differential Rent Scheme document and Guide To Differential Rents Scheme 2019 explains how we calculate the Weekly Charge.

How do I notify the Rent Account Management Section of household income or circumstances change?

Rent Assessment Form RAF 2019   Rent Assessment Form RAF 2019

If your household income has changed, print and complete the Rent Assessment Form RAF 2019. If you are now employed print and complete the Income From Employment Form (only if you can not provide your P60 for 2018 or payslips to 31/12/2018). For any new employments please have the Income for NEW Employment Form completed by your new employer.‌ You can then send the forms to the address listed at the end of this page.

What if I fall into arrears with my rent?

If you find you are in arrears with your rent account you should contact us immediately. We will then discuss your situation with you in detail and arrange a payment plan that will help you to clear your arrears within a reasonable period of time without adversely affect your financial circumstances. You will then pay an agreed higher Weekly Charge amount. 

How do I pay my Weekly Charge?

  • You can pay your Weekly Charge using a 'Rent Card' (available from the Rent Account Management Section on request) at the following locations:
  • Any Post Office
  • Retail outlets that operate the Billpay facility
  • Cash Office- Payments can be made by cash, bank draft, cheque, credit and laser card.  You can post your cheques or drop into the Council’s Payment office in County Hall, Swords, Co.Dublinor atGrove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin15.
  • We also accept phone payments.  If you wish to pay by credit card or laser card, please call our cash office at;
    Telephone (01)8905309 or (01) 8905154.
    The Cash office is open from 9.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.

You can also pay by:

  • Laser Card‌
  • Visa
  • To pay your rent by standing order through your bank, download 2 copies of the  Rents Standing Order Form ‌ send one copy to your bank and the one copy to the Rent Account Management Section. Make sure your account number is written clearly on the form.  It is policy in the case of all new lettings that the Tenant, where appropriate, must sign a Standing Order form.
  • The Household Budget Scheme.
    This is a scheme that helps those getting certain social protection payments to spread the cost of some household bills over the year. Under the scheme a fixed amount is deducted from your social protection payment each week. The maximum amount that can be deducted is 25% of your total weekly social protection payment. The scheme is operated by An Post and your payment must be paid through your local post office. The Household Budget Scheme is free of charge. 
    See or Telephone Freephone 1800 707 172.
    Application forms are available from the Rents Accounts Management Section. It is policy in the case of all new lettings that the tenant, where appropriate, must sign a Household Budget Deduction Form.

How do I check my current Weekly Charge and my Current Balance?

If you have access to the internet you may view your Rent Account Statement on the link below, your user name and password are issued from the Rent Account Management Section on request, you must have a user name and password before you can access this online statement.

Rent Account Statement

If you do not have internet access you may contact by phone or by e-mail on the contact details below.

Contact Us

By Post

Fingal County Council
Rent Account Management Section
Block 1 Floor 1
Grove Road
Dublin 15 

North County Area

By telephone: (01) 8905132 or
By email: [email protected]

Areas in the North County include Balbriggan, Donabate, Howth, Lusk, Malahide, Portmarnock, Portrane, Rush, Skerries and Swords

Dublin 15 Area 

By telephone: (01) 8905593 or
By email: [email protected]

Areas in Dublin15 include Blakestown, Carpenterstown, Castaheney, Castleknock, Clonee, Clonsilla, Coolmine, Hartstown, Mulhuddart, Ongar, Tyrellstown, Verdemont and Waterville.

‌Rent Refund

In the event of a credit being accumulated on the account, please fill out the refund form Rent Refund Form 2019‌ and return it to Fingal County Council for processing. Please note that it is the policy of Fingal County Council not to refund amounts of less than or equal to €200 and that also two weeks rent is held back in order to ensure that the account will always be in credit.