Flavours of Fingal 2019
Fantastic County Show with something for all the family - visit www.flavoursoffingal.ie for more information
Fingal’s Largest Summer Festival Returns 29th & 30th June 2019
The Flavours of Fingal County Show, North County Dublin’s premier Summer Festival returns to Newbridge House and Farm, Donabate on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th June 2019. The two-day family event combines the sights and sounds of an agricultural show with an unforgettable food and family fun experience.
The festival, which is in its 8th year, is completely free of charge for visitors who arrive on foot, use public transport or the free shuttle bus service. For those who opt to drive, parking tickets should be booked in advance online on www.flavoursoffingal.ie. Pre-booking for parking and the free shuttle buses is strongly advised
The Flavours of Fingal event has developed over the years. It has grown significantly since it began 8 years ago and is now the biggest county show in the country, welcoming more than 90,000 people last year. It is a wonderful showcase of the best of what Fingal has to offer when it comes to farming and food production and we are really looking forward to this year’s event.
- The Farmer’s Field at Flavours of Fingal will host a huge display of cattle; racing sheep; sheepdog displays; Pigs; Alpacas and farm machinery. The poultry area will display the finest local fowl and the horticulture tent will showcase the best locally produced fruit and vegetables as well as a display of local baking and flower arranging.
- The event will also feature wonderful equestrian competitions with top quality horses being put through their paces. This includes leading riders competing in the National Grand Prix class and local children in the Boppers and Trotters classes.
- The Fingal Farmers’ Artisan Food Hall will showcase locally produced foods which can be sampled and purchased and a range of cookery displays using the best of local produce. Celebrity Chef Adrian Martin will host a qualifying round of the All Ireland Home Cook Competition with a chance to win a cookery course in the world-famous garden Ballymaloe Cookery School.
- The event will also offer a range of tasty food with something for everyone. The savoury selection ranges from traditional steak, burgers and fish, and world cuisines such as Asian, Indian and Argentian fare, to pizza, BBQ and vegan offerings. For those with a sweet tooth, there will be ice-cream, churros, crepes, popcorn, frozen yoghurt, bubble waffles and coffee a-plenty!
- Flavours of Fingal offers something for all of the family, from live music and entertainment, to the Arts and Crafts Marquee which will feature an array of hand-crafted products. Children will be entertained with acres of bouncy castles, face painting, archaeological digs, magicians, story-telling and much more!
- A host of fashion tips, advice and shows in the Swords Pavilions ‘Fashion Zone’ in the big red barn hosted by former model and television presenter Glenda Gilson.
- Attendees can also relax in the designated ‘Chill Out Zone’ this year, available in the courtyard to anyone who would like some time in a quiet space.
Flavours of Fingal takes place at Newbridge House and Farm, Donabate, North County Dublin.
- On Foot or By Bike – A dedicated place to secure your bike will be available on site
- Shuttle Bus – free shuttle buses will be available from Blabirggan, Skerries/Lusk, Swords and Donabate/Portrane. These coach services are Free but must be booked online in advance of travel, See timetable and link for tickets here: https://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/
- Train – Donbate Train Station is only a five-minute walk from Newbridge House. Attendees can make their way by foot to the event from the train station. See www.irishrail.ie for timetables
- Go Bus – Route 33
- Driving Patrons – if you choose to drive to the event, tickets can be purchased in advance for on-site parking on www.flavoursoffingal.ie
- On-site parking – Early bird discount now available offering 25% off parking at a rate of €15.
Flavours of Fingal is hosted by Fingal County Council in association with its community partners and proudly supported by Tesco Ireland.
For more information and updates visit www.flavoursoffingal.ie or follow @flavoursoffingal on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.